I may earn money if you click my affilaite links to buy products mentioned in this post: More details.
If you’re a WordPress enthusiast, I’m pretty sure that you’ve already heard about Gutenberg. Gutenberg is an upcoming WordPress editor (page builder) that will be added to the WordPress core by default.
However, considering the user reviews on the Gutenberg plugin, it’s safe to say that many people find it counterproductive.
If you’re one of those who hates Gutenberg, then this article might help you find a suitable alternative. While Gutenberg will be added to the core by default, there’s still an option to turn it off by installing a Classic Editor plugin.
So below I’ve listed some of the Best Gutenberg Alternative plugins that let’s edit any page efficiently.
Table of Contents
- 1 Thrive Architect
- 2 Divi Builder
- 3 SiteOrigin Page Builder
- 4 Live Composer
- 5 WPBakery Page Builder
- 6 Foliopress WYSIWYG
- 7 Zedity
- 8 Frontend Text Customizer
- 9 Elementor
- 10 Motopress
- 11 Beaver Builder
- 12 Visual Sidebar Editor
- 13 Essential Grid Gallery
- 14 Blog Designer
- 15 Blog Designer Pro
- 16 TinyMCE Advanced
- 17 Microthemer
- 18 Share this:
- 19 Related
Thrive Architect is known in WordPress community as the best visual builder that lets you create and design any type of landing pages. This can be a good alternative for Gutenberg.
Also, this plugin seems to work fine with the new Gutenberg editor.
It’s a front-end editor which comes with drag & drops feature, inbuilt landing page templates, conversion elements, flexible column layouts, hover effects, responsive blocks, etc. I’ve been using this plugin for the last two years on my main blog, you can read my complete review over here.
Divi Builder is another best Gutenberg Alternative plugin that might work well with Gutenberg as they’re already planning to integrate with it.
As far as I remember, Divi has been in the WordPress Market for over 5 years and used by 500,591 Customers.
Divi comes with different layouts, content modules, templates, etc. You can customize everything from colors to fonts. Divi is bundled with unlimited pre-made layouts that can make your job easy.
SiteOrigin Page Builder is a free plugin that offers many features like Gutenberg. In fact, it’s intuitive and quite easy to use.
This plugin also comes with drag and drop elements that will help you design without writing a single line of code. SiteOrigin provides live editing experience of changes in real-time.
If you’re looking for the free WordPress page builder, go for this.
Live Composer is yet another free page builder plugin for WordPress. The live composer also comes with drag and drop elements that will help you create unique pages without hustle.
This plugin provides an intuitive editing experience with 30+ modules.
WPBakery Page Builder is another premium page builder that is used by over 2 million websites. WPBakery Page Builder comes with 50+ elements, 100+ layouts, unique templates, etc.
This is the only plugin that provides both Front-end and Back-end editors with grid-builders.
Foliopress WYSIWYG is a free WordPress editor that simply lets you edit images with SEO friendly features like caption, alt and title tags.
This plugin also has quick access to the source code if you’re a programmer.
Zedity is a free visual editor that can be used as an alternative for Gutenberg. With Zedity, you can create visual content without coding.
This plugin lets you position images where you want, add effects, etc.
One of the major parts of page building is unequivocally the text on that page. To make the page seem lively, we make use of vibrant colors but to give it a personality, the use of well-suited text is crucial.
And that’s where the Frontend Text Customizer Toolbar made by Pantherius comes for the rescue.
With the use of Frontend Text Customizer, you can customize any text on your website based on WordPress such as menu, template or the plugin elements. Some of its key features are
- Contains more than 650 styles of fonts.
- No coding is required.
- You can make your text bold, italic or underline it.
- Gives you the ability to alter font color and size.
- Works with all the major browsers.
Another excellent Glutenberg Alternative is the Elementor. The page builder plugin is perfect for people who don’t even want to look at the default page builder of WordPress as it takes over the entire post/page editing process with just one click.
In fact, Elementor has introduced a special block for Gutenberg to help its users.
Some of the features of this easy to use drag and drop page builder are:
- No need to have any HTML or PHP knowledge as everything is based on drag and drop.
- You can do editing in real time which means you will see the outcome of your changes right away.
- Create any content or page layout you want regardless of the boundaries of your current WordPress Theme.
- Works with all Themes of WordPress.
- Has a top class support group to answer all of your queries.
The vast sea of WordPress plugins is filled with all types of page building plugins.
However, only a few of them stand out and the Motopress is definitely among them.
It can turn your page design process into something wonderful if you play your imagination cards right. It is not only one of the best Gutenberg alternatives, but it is also among the cheapest ones.
Here are the key features of Motopress:
- Contains tons of content elements that can be used to build complex layouts.
- Its layouts are responsive and mobile friendly.
- Easy to use drag and drop interface.
- Contains shortcodes.
- Supports content translation with its built-in translation files.
If you are looking for a feature-rich drag and drop page builder for your WordPress website, then Beaver Builder is the one you should definitely try.
It is meant to make all of your efforts that go into content creation as hassle-free and as smooth as possible.
Let’s have a look at some of its features.
- Arrange images and text freely on your page with drag and drop.
- Allows you to build column-based layouts.
- Includes a theme containing a wide range of predefined styles.
- Works with any WordPress theme.
- Optimized for mobile viewing.
The plugin is just as simple as its name. This powerful sidebar content editor is a perfect tool to have in your arsenal of page building tools.
Not only it is cheap; it provides you with unlimited possibilities to edit and design your sidebars.
Some of the features of this awesome sidebar editor are:
- Has an import and export tool allowing you to migrate your sidebars.
- The simple and clean interface makes it easier to use it.
- You can restore the content of your sidebar from any previous revision.
- Provides support for the WPBakery Page Builder and Classic WordPress Editor.
- Top-notch customer support.
Thinking of building a video, image or audio gallery? Well, your best source of building a gallery page is this Essential Grid Gallery plugin for WordPress website.
It is not only a piece of cake to use this plugin; you can build wonderful gallery pages with a few clicks.
Some of the features are:
- You can connect to social media streams like YouTube, Instagram, Flickr, Twitter, and Vimeo etc.
- You can build a custom gallery from scratch without the knowledge of coding.
- Fully responsive and mobile optimized.
- Has a video tutorial channel for newbies and several example skins as well.
- You can easily import and export skins.
If you want to give a WOW factor to your pages, then Blog Designer is definitely one of the best Gutenberg alternatives you should use.
It is a completely free and handy solution that provides you with 6 different blog templates to help you set up your blog page at any WordPress Website.
Furthermore, you can design your own blog pages using Blog Designer as well.
Some of the best features are:
- Provides cross-browser support.
- Translation ready.
- You can show/hide the post categories, author, tags, and comment counts etc.
- Contains social share buttons in both square and circle.
- Let’s you style your content with a variety of options such as text color, font size, and background color etc.
The pro version of the Blog Designer comes with a plethora of features that can help you design fully professional and eye-catching pages with a few clicks.
It was awarded as “weekly top selling WordPress plugin” which is enough to consider this Gutenberg alternative.
Some of the primary advantages are:
- 40+ blog templates with 200+ combinations
- Let’s you design the author page.
- Supports 800+ Google fonts.
- Has post type and taxonomy post filter.
- Packed with a variety of sample posts to help you get started.
Whenever the best Gutenberg Alternatives are discussed, TinyMCE is never ignored.
This is because of its impressive and easy to use interface that is perfect for the newbies to get started with. It is a WYSIWYG visual editor that comes with WordPress.
And now, with the 5.0 version of WordPress, you will be able to use a hybrid of TinyMCE and Gutenberg, that’s right, more bang for no buck!
Anyways, some of its features are:
- Simple drag and drop interface.
- Comes with “Classic Paragraph Block” that you can use with or without the default paragraph block.
- Allows you to change font sizes and set font family.
- The hybrid provides more options when you insert the list in the Classic Blocks or the Classic Editor.
My last but not the least pick for this list of best Gutenberg alternatives is the Microthemer.
This feature-rich visual design plugin can help you design even the smallest details that contribute to the overall look of your page.
Some of its features are:
- Comes with over 100 styling options.
- Responsive design for tablet and mobile.
- Quick access to Google Fonts with just a single click.
- Supports live editing.
- Has a draft mode.
Over to You
So these are the 17 Gutenberg alternatives that you should look into if you are seeking a page builder other than the Gutenberg.
I have provided you with the basic knowledge of these plugins so whichever you decide to use, make sure to conduct a bit of research first. This will help you make a well-informed decision to get the best page builder according to your needs